A recent study has shown that eco-friendly products are becoming more important to consumers. Specifically, 84% of consumers care deeply about recyclable packaging options, with a large majority making their own efforts to recycle. Based on these statistics, products with eco-friendly packaging offer benefits for customers and businesses who wish to reduce their carbon footprint and utilize recyclable packaging.
What Are SmartSolve® Labels?
SmartSolve Labels are high-quality custom product labels designed to dissolve in water in under 30 seconds. Water, no matter the temperature, will make the labels dissolve off of the packaging, resulting in a clean container that is ready for repurposing. In fact, the labels completely dissolve, leaving behind no sticky residue.
The removal of most labels from packaging requires harsh chemicals. SmartSolve Labels dissolve using just water. Removing labels from product packaging allows consumers to repurpose containers right in their own home, saving costs for trash facilities and keeping more packaging out of landfills.
SmartSolve Labels have received several awards and certifications from various eco-friendly organizations. These companies have certified the labels to be eco-friendly and a good use of resources. The labels received “green” certifications from the following organizations:
- The Toxins in Packaging Clearinghouse (TPCH)
- Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) 2008
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- European Union’s Registration, Evaluation, Authorization, and Restriction of Chemicals (EU Reach)
- California Prop 65
- Insecticide Resistance Action Committee (IRAC)
- Nourish The Planet (NTP)
They are also certified for distribution by the Forest Steward Council (FSC), which has very strict standards for responsible forestry.
Higher Quality Printing
When printing a label onto plastic, it can be very hard to create a high-quality design. Inks do not stick well to plastic and can appear blurry. SmartSolve Labels provide a high-quality label, giving products and their packaging a high-end appearance. Customers love the clean look and the crisp colors. The company uses color-matching technology for labels and trademarked exact colorations.
Uses for Dissolvable Labels
These are some of the most common use cases for labels that dissolve in water:
- Food storage containers. Dissolvable labels allow consumers to reuse the containers for other storage when the original product is gone.
- Temporary labels. Businesses can ask customers to return containers in a store-initiated recycling program – saving the business money on purchasing new containers and reducing their carbon footprint.
- Time-sensitive decals. Kid’s items, like bicycles, skateboards, and balls, often end up discarded due to the fact the child’s interest changesor the character is no longer relevant. Dissolvable labels allow the product a longer life, completely removing the decal.
- Hospital labeling. A new label for each patient can completely wash away during the disinfection process, making less trash and single-use items for the landfill.
- Laboratories. Specimen samples or other collections of samples can have their own label. Like a hospital, when sanitizing the container, the label will disappear.
These are just a few of the ideas for using the labels as a way to get ahead in business. Century Label has spent over 30 years innovating new product labeling technologies for companies across the U.S. Hella Cocktail Company and Sun King Brewery both offer up their testimonials on working with Century. For a complete rundown of what Century Label has to offer, check out the home page.